Smartlands is a blockchain platform that aims to make investing in real estate more accessible and transparent. The team behind the project has been working on this for over 5 years and raised $6 million USD in an initial coin offering (ICO) in October 2017.
Smartlands is a new cryptocurrency that has been created on the Ethereum blockchain. It is an ERC20 token and it’s goal is to be used in game development. The smartlands token price of this crypto is $0.053368.
Caldwell, Justin contributed to this article. 11th of January, 2019
If you’ve been following the cryptocurrency market, you’re probably aware that many analysts believe 2019 will be the year of the STO. Security Token Offerings (STOs) vary from initial coin offerings (ICOs) in that they represent an asset. Smartlands is one such business that has already entered the STO market.
Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) are a concept that Smartlands aims to bring to the blockchain. Their idea is to offer a tool that allows company owners to launch an ICO for their ABS. An Asset Back Token is backed by a real-world asset on the Smartland platform. This may be a piece of property or equipment, for example.
But who is Smartlands, and what role do they play in the bitcoin world? This review will go into the SLT platform in depth. We’ll look at how Smartlands is creating a new way of investing and whether or not it’s a good investment.
Please keep in mind that this review is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as financial advice. It’s ultimately up to you to decide what you want to invest in.
What is Smartlands, exactly?
We can tokenize almost everything using blockchain technology. Why wouldn’t we tokenize real-world assets with that in mind? This is exactly what Smartlands does. It utilizes a Stellar blockchain-based platform to accelerate development by tokenizing these assets.
Businesses may then use the Smartlands platform to create their own ICO. Smartlands allows the business to sell tokens that represent a portion of the assets in a crowdsale.
While Smartlands is most recognized for its agricultural platform, it may also be used for other purposes. A privately held business, for example, may tokenize stock shares for its investors. This allows the business to raise more capital without the need of extra middlemen.
This kind of tokenization may be beneficial to a variety of businesses. Smartlands gives investors early access to projects, enables fractional ownership, offers 24/7 trading, provides liquidity, and takes fiat and cryptocurrency contributions.
Who are Smartlands and what do they do?
Smartlands is based in Vilnius, Lithuania, and was founded in 2017. With its platform based on the Stellar network, the business has led the fight for the use of tokenized securities from its start. It now has a staff of twelve people, headed by CEO Arnoldas Nauseda and Business Development Director Victor Yermak.
Nauseda has over two decades of experience in the financial and technological industries, most recently serving as the CEO of Blue Ocean Robotics. Yermak also contributes to Smartlands his years of expertise in the IT sector. Yermak was the CEO of Skyglyph and the Product Director of eFarmer before joining Smartlands.
What Is Smartlands and How Does It Work?
Smartlands claims to be the world’s first platform to provide tokenization for real-world assets. That isn’t to say that anybody may contribute an asset to the platform. Before adding a company, Smartlands does due diligence on it. Here’s a short rundown of how it works:
Smartlands begins by doing a thorough examination of the business. It will be used to verify the company’s real-world assets. Smartlands accomplishes so by conducting a business and legal audit to ensure that the company’s assets are genuine.
Smartlands aspires to be as clever as possible when determining the market for each business. It aims to choose the jurisdiction that makes the most sense depending on the assets in each company’s portfolio.
Smart Contracts are a kind of contract that is used to
A collateral agreement is signed by both the business owning the real-world assets and the escrow companies. The agreement is managed via a smart contract.
Launch of Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
The hard work is then done by Smartlands, which sells tokens for the business or its real-world assets. Asset-backed tokens, or ABTs, are the name for these tokens. Users may then choose to buy tokens from that business. This provides an efficient way for them to invest in a particular business.
Smartlands’ main goal is to level the playing field for businesses that wish to tokenize real-world assets. The platform aims to enable all businesses, regardless of industry or size, to compete effectively.
Tokens and Initial Coin Offerings
Smartlands (SLT) was the first business to use the Stellar platform for its Initial Coin Offering. The company’s initial coin offering (ICO) took place on November 2, 2017. Smartlands sold almost three and a half million tokens in its first sale, raising $1.75 million. One coin cost $0.50 during the first coin offering.
In general, there are two tokens on the platform. The native currency, Smartlands coin (SLT), is the initial kind, while other tokens are those created for consumers based on assets. The total quantity of Smartlands tokens is slightly over 7 million. Smartlands finished the year on a high note, with a market capitalization of $17.8 million.
Features of Smartlands
The Smartlands platform provides a wealth of functionality to its users. The following are some of the most important Smartlands features:
- Smart contracts will be developed on the site, allowing tokens to be stored on the platform. This contains all of the required contract language to guarantee that the arrangement is lawful.
- Each asset-backed token’s legal structure will be defined by Smartlands. The platform is designed to safeguard the interests of individuals who invest in each business. It also aims to reduce legal risks by guaranteeing that any choices made by token holders are carried out.
- The platform keeps track of the tokens’ movements, detects and prohibits bad actors, and safeguards token holders’ privacy and data.
- Users will get software development techniques that make it simple for relevant information to be shared with the right people. Those who have invested in the asset, the asset’s owner, and any solutions that need automation are all included.
- Smartlands intends to keep adding other types of asset-backed tokens to the platform.
- The website will provide guidance and assistance in resolving disputes and issues. This involves the establishment of an arbitration body to assist in the resolution of disputes if all parties cannot agree.
- Smartlands platform and asset-based tokens on the market.
- Smartlands intends to form collaborations with regulatory organizations in order to build connections. This will enable the advantages of asset-backed tokens to be explained to the relevant parties.
- To guarantee that the business remains honest and open about its accessible assets, the platform will create standards for technical audits of real-world assets prior to tokenization.
While Smartlands is not yet a well-known currency, it has done the groundwork to create a few key partnerships that will aid in the development of its platform. Here are a handful of the most well-known examples:
The Blockchain Centre in Vilnius
To promote its tokenization initiative, Smartlands teamed together with the Vilnius Blockchain Centre. Smartlands improved the Vilnius Blockchain Centre’s exposure in the bitcoin sector in exchange. The partnership’s overall aim is to educate partners, investors, and traders about asset tokenization, its benefits, and the advantages it provides over alternative online investment techniques.
Thistle and Smartlands formed a collaboration to help the platform gain traction in the UK market. Thistle offers financial sector businesses with professional compliance and regulatory assistance. This collaboration provides Smartlands with its first foray into the UK tokenization industry, as well as help with regulatory and legal compliance as required.
Skyglyph is a cloud-based agricultural asset evaluation tool. It then takes that data and turns it into useful information. While Smartlands’ technology has applications in industry, private equity, and real estate, agriculture is its bread and butter. In the agricultural sector, a collaboration with Skyglyph adds value.
Colliers International is a real estate firm that specializes in
As part of its expansion into the real estate sector, Smartlands has collaborated with Colliers International. Colliers International is well-known in the real estate industry as a global specialist. The business owns holdings in 69 countries and maintains buildings totaling more than two billion square feet.
Smartlands intends to utilize this collaboration to investigate digital securitization of real estate. The platform plans to launch a Stellar-based tokenization initiative based on certain characteristics.
What stores sell SLT?
If you want to purchase Smartlands coin, you only have a few choices. You can buy Bitcoin and then trade it for SLT, or you can buy Stellar and then trade it for SLT. You’ll need to utilize the Exrates exchange if you want to use Bitcoin. We don’t know much about this conversation, and the feedback has been mixed. If you want to utilize this technique, we advise you to proceed with care.
Purchasing Smartlands coin directly from the website is a safer option. Before you can trade for SLT, you’ll need to make sure you have some Stellar, but it’s a very simple procedure. Go to the Smartlands website and look for the “Get SLT” button underneath the welcome greeting.
When you click the button, you’ll be sent to StellarTerm, a cryptocurrency exchange that uses XLM as its basic trading pair. To purchase Smartlands, you’ll need to establish an account, but once you do, go to the Orderbook area and input the amount of Stellar you wish to sell for SLT. That is all there is to it. You have just become the proud owner of the Smartlands currency.
Wallet from Smartlands
Smartlands offers an official wallet where you may save your SLT money in a secure location. The wallet may be accessed directly via the Smartlands website or through Stellar’s wallets page. You may access your wallet from the Smartlands home page, just as you can buy SLT. The site will redirect you to the login page if you click the Get Wallet button.
You must transmit at least one Stellar to the page’s created private key. After that, you’ll be ready to use your SLT wallet. You can trade XLM for SLT in the wallet, so once you’ve got it set up, you can transfer as much Stellar as you like to stock up on Smartlands currency.
Smartlands Coin’s Advantages and Disadvantages
- Smartlands tokens are asset-backed, which means they have real-world value. The tokens you possess have intrinsic worth, whether they be real estate, agricultural equipment, or stock in a privately held business.
- In 2019, the STO market is expected to grow. The iceberg that is Smartlands is just the beginning. The business grew steadily during 2018, and it offers the features and relationships that you’d expect from a growing company.
- When it comes to collaborations, Smartlands has a history of forming alliances with businesses that share their values. Skyglyph, Colliers, and Thistle are all part of the Smartlands concept and meet particular requirements.
- Smartlands is actively onboarding customers and plans to keep doing so in the future. Users, traders, and investors may be certain that only the most qualified and high-valued projects will be shown thanks to the platform’s certification and verification procedure.
- Built on the Stellar platform, a strong basis for financial initiatives. The Stellar blockchain allows developers and entrepreneurs to build new solutions that can handle over 1,000 transactions per second.
- Smartlands is still a young business, having been founded little over a year. While most crypto businesses are relatively young, Smartlands does not yet have the same clout as Bitcoin or Ethereum. But, let’s face it, who does?
- Smartlands aims to accomplish a lot, but it will take time. Smartlands investors will have to be patient if they want to see the business achieve its goals.
- While Smartlands has seen tremendous growth, it is unclear if their platform will be adopted. Smartlands will have to show that it can assist customers onboard at a large scale.
Image courtesy of Coinmarketcap.com.
Smartlands is a fascinating undertaking. The business is full of high-tech and innovation, and it has proven to be lucrative. This project offers cutting-edge answers to many of the issues that presently plague the markets it serves.
However, how effectively it will be able to integrate other technologies and manage scalability as the company develops is unknown. These and other choices will influence whether or not the project gets further investors.
In light of everything we’ve covered in this study, Smartlands is a somewhat risky project with innovative ideas for integrating blockchain technology with real-world assets. Smartlands, unlike the majority of other cryptocurrencies, has genuine liquidity. Smartlands will be a project we’ll keep an eye on in 2019 and beyond for that reason alone.[ratings]
DISCLAIMER: The activity of the cryptoassets discussed in this paper is uncontrolled. This post is not intended to provide financial advice. Always do independent research.
Justin has an MBA from Baker University and is interested in learning more about the real-world uses of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. He is a bitcoin investor with a long history of writing experience. Justin has his own Medium site, https://medium.com/crypto-pilgrim, where you may follow him.
Smartlands is a token on the Waves blockchain. It was created by the company called Smartlands. The token is designed to be used in real estate investments. Reference: smartlands reddit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Smartlands a good investment?
Smartlands is a good investment.
What is SLT token?
SLT is a utility token that powers the decentralized economy of Beat Saber.
What are token used for?
Tokens are used to buy new songs for Beat Saber.
- smartlands coin price prediction
- smartlands token reddit
- smartlands telegram
- smartlands wallet
- smartlands staking